Cortec VPCI 422 EcoAir® aerosol is a market leading ‘best in class’ liquid rust remover spray. The sophisticated VPCI® (vapour phase corrosion inhibitor) formula is such that it’s extremely effective when used to remove rust from steel, brass, chrome, aluminium, copper & iron. Yet it remains harmless to whoever is handling it.
VPCI 422 beats legacy products as it effectively fights corrosion without creating the usual waste disposal difficulties that come with rust removal work of this kind.
Vpci-422 G is a modified version of the regular VPCI-422. The ‘G’ spec is recommended for those looking to remove galvanic corrosion. (electrical corrosion)
In addition to being human skin contact safe, VPCI 422 does not adversely affect any of the surfaces it may meet when removing rust from metal. Most paints, woods, textiles, ceramics, rubbers and plastics will remain unchanged when used as recommended.
Rust removal could not be simpler with Cortec VPCI 422. Just apply and rinse with water.
Organic by design
Both versions of VPCI 422/ 422 G are completely organic and 100% biodegradable. No special disposal work is required saving both time and money. The organic nature is particularly helpful when working outdoors or in a marine environment, here chemical & waste disposal can be an issue.
Unlike older legacy rust removal products EcoAir® Is completely safe to use. Traditional products can be extremely dangerous to use, handle and store.
VPCI 422 is so mild from a chemical perspective that minimal personal protective equipment is needed.
In addition, this formula is both non-toxic & non-flammable. It is nearly odourless and does not produce any caustic fumes or hazardous acids.
Contrast this to the harsh industrial chemicals commonly used in many rust protection products. Cortec VPCI 422 is both safe and easy to use. Use in labour intensive areas like packaging lines and assembly areas. Knowing there will be no adverse effects on handlers or productivity.
EcoAir® – Innovative & Environmentally Friendly Spray Can Technology
The introduction of EcoAir® air powered products marks a breakthrough from Cortec in aerosol can technology.
For the first time those in industry are being offered an aerosol product powered by compressed air. Not the chemical propellant commonly seen in legacy products.
This approach is innovative as the VPCI corrosion inhibitor formula is filled into a multi layered Mylar EcoPouch which is expanded inside the can once pressurized.
Once the valve is depressed the outside pressure evacuates the fluids contained within the EcoPouch’s.
Benefits of EcoAir include –
- Safer Storage – EcoAir products have no storage or fire insurance restrictions. It is perfectly safe to store them like other non-aerosol cleaning products. Keep at room temperature, do not allow to freeze.
- Environmentally Safe – EcoAir products do not contain CFC’s, HCFC’s or propellants of any kind that have a detrimental effect on the atmosphere or environment. It’s common where possible for Cortec to formulate products using biodegradable or non-polluting ingredients.
- Safer Handling – Cortec focus on developing products with both the consumer and the environment in mind. EcoAir products contain no 1,1,1 trichloroethane, methylene chloride or chlorinated solvents.
- Recyclable Packaging – EcoAir aluminium packaging cans are recyclable.
Features & Benefits of VPCI 422 Rust Remover Spray
- Liquid rust remover spray. Effective fighting rust and corrosion on both ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Stops flash rusting altogether.
- 100% organic and biodegradable product.
- Will remove rust from screw fittings and other ‘frozen’ parts.
- Will remove rust stains from painted, wooden and other surfaces.
- Safe to handle and store.
- ASTM F-519-05 approved.
- No detrimental effect on most surfaces including paint, plastic, wood, textiles, ceramics and rubbers.
- Safe, no-toxic and non-flammable making it an ideal product for use in production and manufacturing facilities.
Typical Applications for the VPCI 422 Rust Remover Spray
- In process rust removal of metal parts and stock.
- Interior and exterior surface areas of tanks & vessels.
- Machinery outdoors and plant equipment.
- Rust remover for cars, trucks and other vehicles.
- Automotive, Agricultural and Aerospace sectors.
- Walls, railing and fences.
- Tooling as well as lock heads and rust frozen parts.
- Aluminium corrosion removal.
Step by Step
- VPCI 422 is ready to use straightaway and can be simply applied on using Cortec’s® patented EcoAir® spray can technology system. Make sure to remove any loose surface rust or tarnish first. When supplied as a 5 or 55 gallon drum VPCI-422 can be applied using an air or airless spray, brush or roll-on application.
- Once the concentrated 422 formula has been applied to the surface, allow the product 15 minutes to stand.
- If you need to remove heavy rust this will take longer depending on condition.
- Using an alkaline solution rinse thoroughly. (Cortec VPCI 410 works well)
- Mostly little to no rubbing is required. You can reapply and coat again if necessary.
- If you choose to have VPCI-422 liquid rust remover in a 5 gallon, or 55 gallon drum then it is likely necessary for you to ‘dip’ or immerse your metal parts. For this application remove any pieces of heavy rust & other deposits. Soak the parts in the tank or enclosure for as long as is necessary to treat the corroded metal. Remove the parts from the tank, then clean with an alkaline solution (VPCI 410). To speed up the corrosion removal process increase the temperature in your bath to 150°F (65°C).
Availability & Storage
As standard VPCI 422 is supplied in
VALSKUECO422/BU: CORTEC VPCI 422 ECOAIR 10-14 oz/284-397 grm per can net wt. (3 X CANS PACK)
VALSKUECO422/1: CORTEC VPCI 422 ECOAIR 10-14 oz/284-397 grm per can net wt. (12 X CANS CASE)
VpCI-422 and VpCI-422G are also available in 5 gallon (19 liter), 55 gallon (208 liter) drums, totes and bulk.
For optimal storage keep in a heated warehouse. Do not allow product to freeze.
Min storage temperature – 32°F (0°C)
Max storage temperature – 120°F (49°C)