EcoShield® VPCI 144 are premium, recyclable & replicable VCI paper rolls.
This construction utilizes a sophisticated water-based barrier coating that demonstrates excellent resistance to the usual contaminants like oil and grease.
The raw material used in this VCI paper contains 69% USDA certified bio-based content. This product is also recognised by federal purchasing initiatives under the USDA Bio Preferred program.
Traditionally, Polyethylene and wax coatings have been used to create legacy wax VCI paper products. Specifically, these coatings have been used on porous paper to ‘seal’ the moisture vapour barrier that results from this approach.
However, when coated this way the product becomes environmentally hazardous and cannot be recycled through the normal recycling channels.
EcoShield® VPCI 144 is a competitive environmentally friendly alternative to traditional VCI paper rolls that contain wax, polyethylene, and other substrates.
VPCI 144 also shows comparable moisture vapour properties to these products too, whilst remaining fully recyclable & repulpable being able to be converted into a variety of other paper products including carboard boxes and other corrugated materials.
- Combines the benefits of a corrosion inhibitor paper with moisture vapour barrier properties and the necessary robustness to resist oil, grease, and other contaminants
- 100% Recyclable in accordance with the fibre box associations voluntary standard
- Phosphate, silicone, chromate, nitrate, Toxic and heavy metal free
- One single ‘multi metal’ product to guard against corrosion of both ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Passes the TAPPI T 240 om-12 repulpability test
- Conforms fully as a commercial equivalent to MIL P 3420E
- Conforms fully to NACE standards TM0208-2008 & RP0487-2000
- Parts do not need to be cleaned prior to coating
- UNI 11743:2019 and the system of evaluation article 501:2019
Applications for EcoShield® VPCI 144
Designed as an alternative to traditional VCI Paper Rolls, VPCI 144 can be used to protect valuable assets during transportation and storage throughout the supply chain. This can be used in a variety of environment – end closures in shipping tubes, sheet liners, large packages and recessed areas are all common uses –
- Metal production & fabrication: Coils, wire reels, plates, bars etc
- Metal forging & die casting
- Sheet Metal, raw & machine forged metal castings
- General metal work. Springs, bearings. Fasteners, tubes, pipes, jewellery, and silver ware.
- Finished metal products. Engines, machinery, equipment, tools, hardware, instrumentation, and motors
- Suitable for use with electronic components, controls, and printed circuit boards
What metals does VPCI 144 protect?
- Carbon Steel
- Cast Iron
- Aluminium Alloy
- Galvanised Steel
- Stainless Steel
How to apply VCPI 144?
It is important to package products as soon as possible after cleaning. Ensure the 144 paper is as close to the surface of the product as much as is practical.
Leave no barrier or obstruction between the VPCI 144 and the metal surface that is to be protected.
The standard construction of EcoShield® VPCI 144 contains a natural & neutral paper substrate that is coated on one sider with a moisture vapour barrier coating.
The opposite side of the paper is impregnated with VPCI® formula.
Moisture Vapour Barrier Coating Results
In comparison with traditional (both polyethylene & wax based) VCI paper rolls, see comparison data with VPCI 144® below –
Recyclability Assessment System Results
VPCI 144® in comparison with polyethylene coated paper
Packaging & Storage
VPCI 144® (VCI Paper rolls alternative) are available as standard in 36” x 600’ (91.4cm x 182.9mtr) or 48” x 600’ (12.9cm x 182.9mtr). Custom rolls & sheeting are available made to order.
Keep in a dry space away from direct sunlight at 40-100°F (4-38°C)