Desicorr® Desiccant Pouch Bags are a high performance dual action VpCI® Packaging product.
Desicorr Desiccant Pouch Bags contain a unique combination of moisture absorbing desiccant as well as Cortec corporations patented VPCI vapour phase corrosion inhibitors for protecting all kinds of metals (both ferrous and non-ferrous) from rust and corrosion for up to 2 years.
Unlike traditional legacy desiccants the dual function of Desicorr pouch bags reduces moisture in the air (the desiccants mechanism of action) with the enhanced protection of VpCI to protect various metals from rust and corrosion damage within a packaging enclosure. This desiccant action allows VpCI corrosion inhibitors easy access to the surface of the metal., free from the obstruction of moisture present already on the surface itself.
Desicorr® can be supplied in both windowed and non-transparent versions. The windowed version allows for the inspection of the colour indicating desiccant contained inside each pouch. The small spherical beads within each turn from yellow to green when the desiccant has been fully used.
Features of Desicorr® Desiccant Pouch Bags
- Available as standard in 1/6 Unit & 1 unit sizes
- Opaque, non-windowed versions can also be supplied in 4 & 8 unit sizes
- Protective VpCI layer does not require removal from the product
- Conforms (commercial equivalent) to MIL-D-3464 E Type 1 & Type 2
- VpCI® can self heal and replenish itself. Ideal if the package is opened or re packaged
- Desicorr can be easily inserted either manually or automatically by machine
Benefits of Desicorr
- Dual, synergistic action between the VpCI & Desiccant to give unrivalled rust and corrosion protection
- VpCI continues to work on and prevent rust and corrosion even when it is spent
- VpCI® mechanism of action is ideal for recessed, awkward or inaccessible spaces
- Does not require the use of a cleaner degreaser prior to application
- Suitable for use with all metals
- If you are using these desiccant bags for electronics Desicorr® does not interfere or contaminate them in any way.
How to Apply
Desicorr® Desiccant Pouch Bags are designed to protect products, component and other parts that are packaged in corrugated cardboard boxes, plastic wrapping or bags, wood and metal cases.
Successful projects and applications include:
- Motors and engines
- Finished parts, components and assemblies
- Precision & milled parts
- Aerospace Assets (aircraft parts packaging)
- Marine equipment
To apply simple place the Desicorr® Desiccant Pouch into the space needing protection. Then close or seal the enclosure straight away.