CorPak®1-MUL/8-MUL desiccant packs are a patented design containing Cortec Corporations renowned & market leading VPCI® (vapour phase corrosion inhibitor) powder technology.
This product provides corrosion and rust protection for both ferrous and non-ferrous metals contained within a package. The sophisticated VPCI formula essentially evaporates and escaped through the desiccant packs breathable Tyvek® membrane. It is then absorbed, bonding itself to the metal surface areas within the enclosure. This then forms a protective molecular layer that acts as a rust inhibitor throughout the life span of the pouch.
Focus features of the CorPak 1-MUL/8MUL desiccant packs
- Applies a microscopic protective layer.
- Can protect packages for up to 24 months.
- Does not emit dust.
- Dual action desiccant & VPCI protection.
What are the benefits of CorPak® 1-MUL/8-MUL desiccant pouches
- ‘Best in class’ vapour phase corrosion inhibitor technology reaches all awkward & difficult to reach surfaces.
- The VPCI molecular layer formed upon application does not require removal.
- Degreasing and cleaning is not required.
- No down time for protected parts, components and equipment’s. You can use them immediately after the introduction of Corpak VPCI pouches.
- VPCI molecular layer will self-generate in order to provide to continuous protection. This is very reassuring if you think the package or enclosure will be opened at any point.
- Can be inserted or dropped in to packages very easily, either manually or automatically using a variety of packaging machinery.
What metal can be protected?
- Carbon based Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Galvanised Steel
- Aluminium and it’s alloys
- Copper and it’s alloys.
Applications for CorPak 1-MUL desiccant packs
These VPCI desiccant pouches are designed to protect products and equipment’s including assemblies, parts and components. They can be used with all manner of protective packaging formats including plastic bags, corrugated cardboard boxes, foil bags as well as wood and metal containers.
Projects include –
- Anti static packaging parts and components.
- Motor assemblies
- Electronics equipment
- CNC milled precision parts
- Delicate mechanical control panels
- Marine navigation equipment
Simply either manually or automatically insert the Cor-Pak desiccant pouches into the package. Then simply close and seal!
Available in 2 sizes either –
Cor-Pak 1-MUL pouch – provides corrosion protection up to 1.0 cubic foot or 28 litres.
Cor-Pak 8-MUL pouch – provides corrosion protection up to 8.0 cubic foot or 0.23 mtr³
*Please note – Tyvek® is a registered trademark of DuPont™ or its affiliates. Copyright© 2020 DuPont™ de Nemours Inc