Cortec VPCI 101 emitters are market leading devices designed to provide corrosion and rust protection for metal parts and components enclosed in non-ventilated cabinets, boxes and cases.
A VPCI 101 device is capable of protecting up to 1 cubic foot (28 litres) space in volumes. These patent pending emitters slow release Cortec’s ‘best in class’ VPCI, Vapour phase corrosion inhibitor formula.
The vapours emitted from the device form a protective layer at the molecular level. This ensures reliable protection for metal surfaces that form part of critical, complex and expensive equipment & machinery.
These emitters can be used to protect equipment regardless of whether it is in operation or being shipped or stored somewhere in the supply chain.
These emitters are designed to provide long term protection against corrosion even when used in sub-optimal conditions. Salt, moisture, marine air, airborne contaminants and various atmospheric hazards (H²S, SO², NH³) are just a few of the corrosion culprits that Cortec VPCI 101 emitters are effective against long term.
Cortec VPCI 101 Benefits
- Economical to use
- Easy to install
- Provides sustained protection for up to 24 months during operation or shutdown
- Works well in high humidity.
- No interference with electrical, optical & mechanical functions
- Multi-metal protection suits both ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Non-toxic and completely safe for whoever is handling it
- Compact design saves on space
- Nitrate, Silicone & Phosphates free
- Self-attach date label
- United States Military national stock number #6850-01-338-1392
Applications for Cortec VPCI 101 emitters
- Electrical equipment either in operation or when being transported or stored
- Maritime navigation and telecommunications equipment
- Aerospace & Aviation storage (electronic controls)
- Electronic motors
- Switching equipment
- Fuse boxes and other power supplies
- Medical devices
- Scientific measurement instruments
- Telecommunications equipment and other wireless devices
- Handheld battery-operated equipment
- Toolboxes, parts storage and other metal containers
How to Use Cortec VPCI 101
VPCI 101 emitter pads are extremely easy and convenient to install. It is best to install VPCI 101 as early as possible in the production lifecycle. Either during manufacturing or assembly.
Select a place within an enclosure where vapour phase corrosion inhibitor protection is needed.
Make sure the surface area is clean and free of debris etc.
Peel off the protective carrier strip from underneath the device and attach it to the clean surface.
VPCI 101 will work effectively regardless of the position it is in.
For areas & spaces greater than 1 cubic foot (28 litre) use more than one device.
If being used in an enclosure which is not hermitically sealed or airtight then replace the VPCI 101 more frequently than every 2 years. Keep this in mind for cabinets and enclosure that have doors opening/closing regularly.
Replace the VPCI 101 following periods of heavy machinery maintenance and downtime.
For optimal protection use in conjunction with Cortec® ElectriCorr® VPCI 238 OR VPCI 239.
For a more
Self-adhesive backed foam emitter pad @ 3” (L) x 1¼” (W) x ¼” (H) (7.6 cm x 3.2 cm x 0.6 cm).
Comes packed in 1 box containing 50 individually wrapped pieces.
Consider using with out flexible packaging formats.